IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Centre is a leading research, development, and innovation centre active in the fields of High-Performance Computing (HPC), Data Analytics (HPDA), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and their applications. We have strong international links, and employ more than 150 scientific, technical and administrative staff. At present, IT4Innovations is running three supercomputers: Karolina (15.7 PFlop/s, installed in the summer of 2021), Salomon (2 PFlop/s, installed in the summer of 2015), Barbora (849 TFlop/s, installed in the autumn of 2019), and the specialised NVIDIA DGX-2 system for artificial intelligence computation, (130 TFlop/s and 2 PFlop/s in AI, installed in the spring of 2019). For more, see www.it4i.cz. We are seeking candidates for the Modelling for Nanotechnologies Lab. to fill the position of:
- electronic structure calculations,
- developing code(procedures) in Python and Fortran f90,
- modeling of magnetic properties with atomistic spin dynamics (codes Vampire, LAMMPS and SPIN package, micromagnetic simulations),
- developing of the Neel models etc.
- M.Sc. in solid state physics or chemistry by the day when the contract starts,
- experience with simulations at various levels of length and timescale,
- advanced knowledge of magnetism,
- experience with the python, fortran, C++, perl scripting etc.,
- willingness to continue self-education and work in team,
- English language - good working knowledge.
- payment based on the candidate's experiences,
- main employment,
- interesting work in a professional research team,
- opportunity to participate in implementing interesting research and commercial projects,
- professional development through participation at international conferences, workshops, and internships,
- 6 weeks of holidays,
- flexible working hours,
- in-house catering,
- modern working environment.
Commencement of Employment: July 2023 or as agreed
Type of Employment:
- full-time employment,
- fixed-term employment.
The application form substantiated with a letter of motivation and CV should be sent electronically by 15th May, 2023 to email address email@example.com. As for the subject of the email message, please indicate “Open Call for the position of the Research Assistant Atomistic spin dynamics for the Modelling for Nanotechnologies Laboratory”.