Apart from its supercomputing capacity, IT4Innovations also boasts physical and chemical laboratories for experimental research and development in the advanced nanostructured materials domain. Our research team specializes in high-performance simulations of multiphysical systems, which we can perform in our laboratories. Experimental laboratory equipment allows us to produce and optimize advanced thin-film and holographic systems and to prepare and characterize nanostructures for industrial and medical applications.
- optical characterization of materials and structures in a wide spectral range (from near ultra-violet to THz),
- development and optimization of rigorous optical models for the description of materials and nanostructures to identify their physical and chemical properties,
- polarimetry and ellipsometry of a Mueller matrix in the wavelength range of 193 nm up to 1700 nm for precise characterization of measured samples, which may show non-trivial optical response including, for example, anisotropic, depolarization, surface roughness, and scattering effects,
- time-domain terahertz (THz) spectroscopy for characterization of materials in this perspective region of electromagnetic radiation spectrum,
- characterization of materials using ultrashort laser pulses to determine their real-time optical response,
- development of spin-polarized lasers believed to become promising future light sources, which are highly efficient and allow fast modulation applicable in, for example, telecommunications.
DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION IN LITHOGRAPHY AND PHYSICAL VAPOR DEPOSITION (PVD)
- modelling and optimization of complex diffractive and holographic optical elements,
- direct UV laser writing lithography with a resolution of 300 nm for production of advanced diffractive structures (holographic security elements, design of optical polarization components),
- metal-oxide thin film deposition – optical diffractive structures metallization, mirror production, preparation of anti-reflective surfaces.
NANOPARTICLES AND NANOSTRUCTURED MATERIALS
- development of nanoparticle polymeric delivery systems functioning as biocompatible drug carriers,
- development and optimization of special antibacterial components in cooperation with University Hospital Ostrava,
- development of new nanomaterials for civil and mechanical engineering – composite ceramics; plastics with nanofillers made of clay minerals for development of bio-plastic materials with unique physical and chemical properties,
- research of plasmonic nanostructure systems for sensorics (Surface Plasmon Resonance methods, SPR),
- development of nanoparticle-based self-cleaning coating.
DEFECTOSCOPY AND MAGNETOOPTICS
- development and construction of magnetic systems based on Halbach array configuration for magnetooptics,
- development and construction of magnetic crack detectors to analyse, for example, steel ropes and pipes.