Name of project: Mobility of joint doctoral studies in the field of ellipsometry of advanced nanostructures
Project number: EMP-CZ-MOP-2-013
Project starts: 1st of August 2019
Project ends: 31st of July 2021
Description of the project
The project is complementary to the Institutional cooperation project „Joint supervision of doctoral study by VSB – Technical university of Ostrava and Norwegian University“, which has established the collaboration between Czech and Norwegian university NTNU, and has contributed to create a general frame for the joint supervision of doctoral studies. The objective of the project is the realization of long-term stays of joint doctoral students.
- Design of Solar hydrogen production cells with enhanced electro-photocatalytic effects.
- Development of new low-consumption light sources with extraordinary properties – spintronic emitters, terahertz lasers.
- Application of novel Mueller matrix scatterometry and terahertz ellipsometry to help understand natural polarization effects.
- Preparation of advanced nanomaterials, nanostructures, and diffractive metasurfaces for applications in security holograms.
Main goals of the project
- Realization of the long-term stays of joint doctoral students supervised by both partner universities, and realization of the short-term stays of university teachers and researchers in order to enhance teaching good practice, and research collaboration. The results of this collaboration will be published in at least 3 impacted scientific journals.
- The student mobility will strongly enhance the level of the education for joint doctoral students; it will strengthen the collaboration of the cooperation institutions for a period potentially exceeding the duration of this project; and the student gains an additional experience of living and working in foreign country.
- The implementation of high quality education across the Ostravian region based on the experience gained in Norway. This could help to improve the living quality of this socially weaker region with higher unemploynment rate, and to give an opportunity to raise the overal level of the education for numerous Rome ethnics.
VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
- Kamil Postava
- Jaromír Pištora
- Dominik Legut
- Lukáš Halagačka
- Tibor Fördös
- Zuzana Mrázková
NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Erik Wahlstrom
- Morten Kildemo
- Ingve Simonsen
- Turid Worren
- Justin W. Wells
- Christoph Brüne
The Beneficiary shall acknowledge the grant support received under the EEA Grants 2014–2021, the Programme Education.