The Open Access Competition provides the computational resources for a standard period of 12 months. In contrast, the Multi-year Open Access may be granted for multiples of that period, i.e., 24 or 36 months. The Multi-year Open Access is intended to support long-term scientific grants.
Multi-year Open Access eligibility criteria
- The applicant (PI) has a successful history with IT4I. At least one completed project is recorded on behalf of the PI. It is also necessary that the research results achieved in previous projects are entered into the IT4I information system.
- The application is directly related to solving a long-term research project(s), preferably those implemented within the H2020, ERC, EuroHPC, TAČR, GAČR programme, or other peer-reviewed grant programmes. The applicant will provide the project number and a reference to The Central Register of R&D projects CEP or another recognized database.
- In the 'Computational readiness' section of the request for allocation of computing resources, the applicant shall provide a clear and properly justified plan for using resources during each 12-month period.
Multi-year Open Access rules of engagement
- The project not found eligible for Multi-year Open access will be reverted to regular Open Access with only the first period of the requested allocation.
- The requested resources (node hours) must be consumed according to the plan. The resource utilization must be within the given period. This will be enforced by the accounting system.
- The research results resulting from the project must be entered into the IT4I information system by the end of each period. Failure to comply with this rule may result in the Allocation Committee reducing the remaining capacity of the computing resources.