Name of project: Joint supervision of doctoral studies by VSB – Technical University of Ostrava and Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Project number: EHP-CZ-ICP-1-013
Project starts: 1st of August 2019
Project ends: 31st of July 2021
Description of the project
The project is focused on implementation of the Joint supervision of doctoral studies between VSB – Technical University of Ostrava and the Norwegian university of Science and Technology in Trontheim. The project focuses on the highest level of university education, which is the most important for a future development of a modern country – the doctoral studies. The joint study brings many benefits and synnergies for both universities and doctoral students
- Photovoltaics and design of solar cells with structured surfaces.
- Development of new low-consumption light sources with extraordinary properties as for example spin-lasers, spintronic emitters, and terahertz lasers.
- Optimization of nanomaterials using calculations from first principles (ab-initio models),
- Application of novel ellipsometric techniques as Mueller matrix scatterometry and terahertz ellipsometry.
- Development of advanced preparation and modelling of nanostructures and nanomaterials.
- Study of diffractive surfaces and metasurfaces and their preparation using nantechnology.
Main goals of the project
- To straighten inter-institutional collaboration, research, joint doctoral education and good practice in teaching.
- To modernize the doctoral study education curricula to be suited to the joint Czech-Norwegian doctoral studies and to accelerate the inner-institutional cooperation in research.
- The implementation of high quality education across the Ostravian region based on the experience gained in Norway. This could help to improve the living quality of this socially weaker region with higher unemploynment rate, and to give an opportunity to raise the overal level of the education for numerous Rome ethnics.
VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
- Kamil Postava
- Jaromír Pištora
- Dominik Legut
- Lukáš Halagačka
- Tibor Fördös
- Zuzana Mrázková
NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Erik Wahlstrom
- Morten Kildemo
- Ingve Simonsen
- Turid Worren
- Justin W. Wells
The Beneficiaries acknowledge the grant support received under the EEA Grants 2014–2021, the Programme Education.